Sunday, June 20, 2010

Birathers Day!

Our home has been full of celebrations this past week! It was Colin's birthday on the 17th and Father's Day today! Colin and I have known each other for 10 years this summer and it is amazing to have watched him grow into a husband, father and now pastor. We love him very much! And I say "we" because I love watching the absolute joy and love in Rupert's eyes when he looks at his daddy!

{birthday steak! of course! accompanied by corn on the cob and roast potatoes, yams, onion and zucchini. Colin is sporting his present from Rupe and I. A shirt from Eddie Bouer, his new favorite store, Colin's style is outdoorsy old man, which suits me just fine as I think I was meant to be an old man sometimes... Never mind that I could have bought him two shirts from the Gap for the price of this one shirt!}


{I kinda love these two!}


{I asked Colin what he wanted for his birthday dessert... strawberry rhubarb pie was the order and that is what he got, homemade even!}



We had a very lovely day... and as always it centered around great food and time just being together!

SWITCH... onto Father's Day! Before church this morning we presented the dad-man with his gift from Rupe... We got Colin a book called "Geek Dad" (Colin is very adamant that he has two separate gifts one for his birthday and one for Father's Day!) It is a book that is filled with activities for Geeky Fathers to do with their kids! AMAZING! After Church there was a soup lunch at our Church and then also a council meeting.... so needless to say when we got home we were tired!!!!!!! Rupert and daddy crashed on the couch.

{And yes your eyes are not deceiving you, Colin is wearing his Father's Day pin from last year that I said I would post a picture of on my blog but never did! He wore it proudly all day.}




{Such a tired boy! Did not even wake up for his bottle!}


After nap time and a delicious brinner, we got some ice cream and headed to the beach!



{Daddy eating ice cream, Rupert eating rocks.}



{Rupert making a play for daddy's ice cream.}




{Some baby goosen!}




{Rupert has the best daddy ever!}


These last photos have nothing to do with Colin's birthday or Father's Day but I had to post them as he is just so darn cute! Rupert's Grammie and Grampy gave him a huge stuffed Tiger for Christmas... and he liked him at first, but is now in love! He carries him around everywhere which is rather comical due to it's size! And every once in a while will lay down and rest his head. So precious!





I am so thankful for both my boys!
Happy Birathers Day Colin!!!!!!!!!!!! We love you!

6 comments:

  1. we named the tiger "hobbes"...classic right!
    -Sea Bee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the post .. new shirt, little rupe sleeping on daddy, just love all the pictures of the boys and little rupe resting his head on 'hobbes' and carrying him around ... yes and a classic name for the tiger
    miss you guys

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOBBES
    amazing
    SHIRT
    hot
    COLIN
    greatest
    RUPE
    cutest
    lovelove

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sleeping picture killed this sister/auntie...and the hobbes cuddle one. man, i miss you guys. stop being so miss-able.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rupert's hair is amazing! Is it not time to meet you yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the post. Looks like you all had a great father's day and birtday for Colin. The sleeping toddler with the bottle is sooo cute. Great pictures Sarah, love you all

    ReplyDelete