Do I seriously get to live here????? That is the question I kept asking myself all day yesterday! After church yesterday we decided to head out to Rathtrevor Beach in Parksville. It's a beach I know well, as I spent every summer with my grandparents in Nanoose Bay and we frequently made the short trek to the beach where the water never gets deep!
Poor Rupert, we woke him up after the short drive, but he was soon in the spirit of the day!
This was a common pose for Rupert, not so much daddy. Rupert was waving and chatting at everyone who walked by, especially the dogs! Sorry buddy, we're not dog people.
First of many sticks to be found by the boy.
As an Island girl I am in love with the beach. My mom and I have spent a lot of time walking the shores of many a beach on the Island. And Rathtrevor in particular is where I acquired much of my "beach smarts". My grandpa used to take me to the BC parks programs in the summer, where I met Jerry the Moose... an iconic piece of BC history! I am so excited for Rupert to learn about the beach... first lesson was on how to tell a girl crab from a boy crab! Girl crabs have beehives on their bellies and boys have light houses. Rupert was a fan, he tried to pick it up and of course put it in his mouth, but mommy rescued the poor crab and put it back in it's home under the rock.
I am also excited to teach him where those perfect little holes come from in the clam shells, (moon snails by the way :D )
First experience with sand, BIG FAN! He started pointing to things in the sand, digging his fingers in and crawling all around in it. None in his mouth though, I was shocked!
My dirty little boy!
First time on the slide, super happy!
He waved at all the passers by.
He did not want to get off the slide, even dad's shoulders could not distract him! He was reaching for the slide :D
It was a wonderful day spent with my favorite boys at my favorite spot!

ps. both the change and the credit card meters were broken in the parking lot! Free parking really does make a perfect day!

















Looks so wonderful, I can't wait for days like that. I was looking up parking-because I HATE that you have to pay to park at the beach, even though it's worth it. You can get a years pass to the parks (there is a list of all the ones it covers) for a year for, I think, $25!
ReplyDeleteyes!
ReplyDeleteso beautiful a day
i love that you guys are on the island and rupert will be an island boy!
can't wait til everyone goes camping there...epic times will come.
also...when thomas and i were there, parking meters were broken too, but they didn't say they were.. so i fed it one loonie, and nothing happened so i paid on visa once..and nothing happened.
hello bc parks owes me 2 backs... dad....
Oh Sarah, brings back many, many memories. I am so glad that you are all over here to enjoy it. Love the pictures and imagine Rupert and maybe(?) his little bud Wyatt running on the beach this summer. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a perfect day indeed! Gorgeous photo's Sarah!
ReplyDeleteBrings back many memories for me visiting my Grandparent's up in Qualicum, we would visit Rathtrevor often.
I CAN'T wait to be closer to that beach. March.15th baby! Can't wait together with you too!
It is too bad we couldn't make it out there with you yesterday. It looks awesome. Claire and Nicholas would have had such a great time. Lets plan on doing it again really soon!!!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous pics Sar!!! Makes me long for a beach day. My fave is the pics of Rupes crawling away from his name...so cute!
ReplyDeleteloved the pictures sarah - the tide looked like it was way out and also love the picture of rupe crawling away from his name and of him sitting at the bottom of the slide waving - so precious - can't wait to take him to oak bay beaches
ReplyDelete